What is a Piano Redesign?
Greg’s Piano Forte can alter the original design of your piano and make it better than the factory. This service is for people who really want to take their piano to the next level, or just alter it to meet their needs. A redesign is essentially a performance enhancement. Typical things we do during a redesign include: making the soundboard more efficient, improving various stringing scales to remove sections that don’t blend well together, and altering the general design. Other aspects of redesign can be something like making repetition faster by altering the action and making various elements of the piano more responsive.
You Might Want a Piano Redesign if…
- The experience of playing on other pianos feels dramatically different
- You notice a stark difference in tone or power between notes
- Power loss in the upper end of your piano
- You’d like your cast iron plate reconfigured (this is sometimes needed due to a rescaling, altering string diameters and lengths
- You’d like string rescaling
- You’d like a bridge adjustment, needed with a rescaling but not by itself
Give us a call today and we’d be more than happy to answer any of your piano redesign questions.